The big new feature is a whole set of new cloud art options, moved out into their own configuration screens. You have more choices than ever to customize the look and feel of overcast, cumulus, and cirrus clouds. We’ve also included a bunch of improvements to our VR support.
Here’s the complete change list:
– New choices for cirrus, overcast, and cumulus cloud textures
– New user interface for choosing cloud textures; each cloud type now has its own configuration screen
– Fix appearance of precipitation in VR
– Suppress towering storm clouds above 40 degrees latitude (unless told to explicitly by an external injector)
– Fix cloud/terrain blending when using Real Weather Connector while only ground fog is present
– Fix fog / in-cloud effects in X-Plane 10
– Improve accuracy of cloud altitudes
– Added backup weather download capabilities when using “always” mode in Real Weather Connector
– Fade time when cloud layers change increased to 30 seconds
– Fixed fog inside stratus clouds
– Fixed cloud shadows and other special effects in VR
– Fixed hard edges on solid & broken overcast clouds when viewed from above
Existing SkyMaxx Pro customers should have received an email automatically with upgrade instructions, and of course this version will be offered to all new customers as well.